Contact Jill by email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are interested in.
To assist the management team and Superintendent by facilitating the flow of information throughout the lifecycle of a project. This is an entry level position on the path of project management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities of Assistant Superintendent with the addition of the following:
- Point of contact between client and Nassal
- “Client” could include owner, owner’s rep, general contractor, art director, and subcontractor.
- Representative of Nassal with intent to keep our best interest as the basis of interaction
- Work with the Superintendent to understand and analyze budgets for cost codes as created from the estimate
- Work with the Superintendent to forecast estimated job costs at completion [ECAC]
- Work with the Superintendent to record any and all contract value changes in timberline
- Able to develop base estimates to provide to client.
- Work with the Superintendent to understand the rate structure and how that relates to proposal
- Work with the Superintendent to complete cost of work [COW] monthly expenditure forecasts
- Work with the Superintendent to understand project staffing needs and facilitate acquiring necessary personnel
- Lead project team members
- Help set goals and tasks for each employee under direct supervision
- In conjunction with Human Resources, Superintendent and Operations department conduct performance reviews of direct reports
- Work with the Superintendent to initiate and conduct estimating to project management turnover meeting
- Review contract in Bluebeam session. Understand the client’s contract to identify scope of work as it relates to the estimate. Comment as such in the review session.
- Commence project startup procedures
- Apply to accounting for job number creation in Timberline
- Assign cost codes to create project budget from estimating department’s proposal
- Develop project approach per outline provided
- Initiate preliminary project schedule and deliverables
- Create Element/Item procurement list
- Initiate necessary project meetings and create pertinent agenda items
- Define document control procedures/logs for project team and how to execute
- RFI – Request for Information
- Create quality control plan for project and how to enforce
- Conduct subcontractor and vendor solicitations
- Review – Requests for Proposal – RFP to subcontractors before they are transmitted
- Work with the Superintendent to initiate and conduct design turnover meeting
- Review in meeting all design requirements such as:
- Project Specifications
- Architectural Drawings
- Artistic design intent documents
- Schedule requirements
- Attend and comment in online Bluebeam review sessions.
- Actively engage in communication with design department
- Work with the Superintendent to initiate and conduct pre-fabrication kickoff meeting with all major vendors, subcontractors, and/or suppliers.
- Review fabrication effort with shop, include;
- Schedule and Milestones
- Type of work
- Lead constructability review with shop and superintendent
- Work with the Superintendent to hold client meetings whether they are on site or at our office
- Visit job site for status updates, depending on location and duration of project, could be daily.
- Ensure site compliance with safety procedures and policies
- Review site toolbox topic logs
- Review Material Requisitions forms.
- Confirm superintendents have the latest/approved drawings from all parties
- Actively engage in communication with Nassal Fabrication as it relates to your scope of work
- Hold weekly if not daily status calls depending on schedule demands of the project
- Outline goals and target completion dates for fabrication effort
- Provide means for approval of items during fabrication process
- Answer questions from all pertinent project personnel or know when to pass off answer to someone with higher authority
- Understand and define closeout scope of work
- Initiate closeout process and remind team members of requirements
- Confirm all subs, vendors are paid in full. If the job has retainage, check with the administration and accounting department to ensure all necessary lien releases and insurances are received and complete for that vendor.
- Construction Documents
- Construction Drawings
- Computer Skills
- Advanced use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Microsoft Access
- Bluebeam Revu – Intermediate user
- Sage Timberline – Intermediate user in Project Management [PJ] and Job Cost [JC] module
- Primavera P6 Project Management – Intermediate user in scheduling
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Project Management
- BS in Construction Management or Related field with 2 years of experience
- BA degree with 3 years of experience in a construction related field –or-
- AA degree with 4 years of experience in a construction related field -or-
- 5 years of experience in a construction related field
Depending on the size of the project, duties and responsibilities would be completed either in our main office or stationed at the job-site. Travel occurrence depends on location of project and its duration.
- While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand or walk
- The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to understand and use proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while on construction sites