Contact Jill by email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are interested in.
Responsible for working with Lead and Foreman to build cabinetry and other wood working related projects according to shop drawings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work independently and communicate with a team
- Follow written and verbal instruction
- Read various measurement tools (tape measures, calipers, levels, etc.)
- Read blueprints (shop drawings)
- Produce layouts and cutlists
- Maintain a clean, safe, and efficient work area
- Perform solid acceptable work consistently
- Additional duties to assist craftsmen as assigned
Trade Specific Competencies:
- Reading plans and blueprints
- Setup and operation of equipment
- Shop math
- Clean up and tool care
- Materials strength and applications
- Standard measurement
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, communicates decisions to others.
- Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues
- Listens well, diffuses conflict before it starts, finds causes of and solutions to problems, handles difficult people.
- Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
- Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts
- Seeks out and accepts feedback, is a proactive learner, takes on tough assignments to improve skills, keeps knowledge and skills up-to-date, turns mistakes into learning opportunities.
- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Minimum of 5 years of wood working experience
- Advanced knowledge of hand tools (hammers, chisels, levels, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of machinery (saws, planers, drill presses, etc.)
- Knowledge of various wood species
- High School or equivalent
- Vocational or technical school training
Duties and responsibilities would be completed in our shop.
While performing the duties of this job:
All Craftsmen should expect to do a considerable amount of lifting, carrying, kneeling, balancing, and even crawling. Thus a certain amount of strength and dexterity, and alertness is required. Must be prepared to work in various conditions, and knowledgeable of hazards and safety requirements.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We Build Memories.
Scenic Fabrication & Rockwork For:
We Build Culture.
Scenic Fabrication For:
We Deliver Destinations.
Offering services in the Destinations, Attractions and Experiences sectors for: