Contact Jill by email: email@example.com with the position you are interested in.
To help create, implement and support safety corporate initiatives. In addition, assist the project team in all facets of safety on job sites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continuous inspection of project sites, to ensure a hazard-free environment
- Assessment and approval of subcontractor safety plans
- Verification of tools and equipment to ensure good quality
- Promoting safe practices on site
- Creating and enforcing safety guidelines and programs
- Carrying out drills and exercises on managing emergency situations
- Conducting investigations on accidents
- Verifying that all safety reports are submitted to related government institutions.
- Responding to workers’ safety concerns
- Manages all communications with government departments in regards of safety
- Arranges OSHA-mandated evaluations of the site
- Coordinates all issues regarding hazardous materials or waste
- Assisting with the preparation of a construction health and safety plan
- Attending project planning meetings and collaborating with construction managers
- Establishing and maintaining health and safety communication structures
- Testing effectiveness of site emergency response plans
- Continuous monitoring of all safety related documents, reports and issues to keep them updated
Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, communicates decisions to others.
Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of
Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
Experience & Skills
· Proven experience as safety officer
· In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
· Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
· Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
· Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
· Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
BS/BA in safety management, engineering, business or relevant field is preferred.
Duties and responsibilities would be completed in our main office with some trips to field sites.
While performing the duties of this job:
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.