Contact Jill by email: email@example.com with the position you are interested in.
The purpose of the Production Manager position is to ensure all work in production is being performed in the most efficient and cost effective manner, in accordance with all applicable quality control requirements, and in accordance with all necessary safety measures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist preconstruction with generating estimates for new projects.
- As requested, review the scope of work to be performed and collaborate with the shop foremen as needed to advise on the most efficient and cost effective technical approach to achieve the design intent.
- As requested, review the scope of work to be performed and collaborate with the shop foremen as needed to advise on the labor production rates that should be included in the estimate.
Assist the project teams to determine the desired technical approach for prefabricated elements prior to the design effort.
- As requested, work with the project teams to understand the design intent and project specific requirements and collaborate with the shop foremen as needed to advise on the most efficient and cost effective technical approach to perform the work.
Participate in design reviews prior to submittal of shop drawings for review and approval.
- When notified, review shop drawings to ensure the most efficient and cost effective technical approach has been designed to perform the work and ensure the drawings include proper constructability details.
Work with the foremen to ensure work in production is being performed in accordance with all applicable quality control requirements.
- Requires continual monitoring of work in production to ensure all internal quality control measures are being followed as well as any project specific requirements.
Work with the foremen to facilitate staffing, facility, or equipment needs.
- Requires routine communication with the foremen to assist with any staffing, facility, or equipment needs that will be required to complete the workload in accordance with the allotted time frames.
- Responsible to complete the initial review and authorization of additional compensation requests for the shop staffing.
- Assist the foremen as needed with set up of their respective workshops to ensure the most efficient operation.
Responsible for supervising the foremen.
- Responsible for completing annual performance reviews.
Manage the shop’s safety program and oversee the workspace to ensure a safe workplace is provided for all employees.
- Determine & distribute weekly toolbox talk topics with sign-in sheet.
- Ensure monthly safety committee inspections are completed and review completed check lists for any safety measures requiring action.
- Coordinate & schedule routine safety inspections with a risk control advisor and follow-up as needed on any resulting safety measures requiring action.
- Coordinate & schedule quarterly safety training. Identify relevant topics to be covered and ensure participation by shop staffing.
- Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Experienced in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experienced in PDF Editors (Bluebeam etc.,)
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, communicates decisions to others.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a themed construction field.
- Familiarity with fiberglass fabrication.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a management role.
- OSHA 10 or 30 Hour (Preferred but not required)
Duties and responsibilities would be completed in our main office. Monday-Thursday 6:00am – 4:30pm. Working conditions are in a fabrication environment, where hazardous materials are present.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
Outline items needed to move to next position. Can be experience, education, training, certifications.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.