Contact Jill by email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are interested in.
To support The Nassal Company Scenic Art department in the operation of creating preparing and delivering the highest quality product for our clients. The Scenic Painter will provide knowledgeable and experienced scenic painting skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow written and verbal direction
- Properly prepare techniques of water based and solvent systems
- Properly prepare work on different substrates
- Spray and use various guns
- Complete production runs of props in a timely manner
- Complete the look of faux
- Applies basic color theory with the ability to mix colors
- Demonstrate initiative within the shop
- Maintain a clean, safe, and efficient work area
- Perform solid acceptable work consistently to achieve a specified look based on client expectation
- Additional duties as assigned
Trade Specific Competencies:
- Scenic Artist
- Faux Finish
- Color Theory
- Brush Skills
- Airbrush Skills
- Automotive Spray
- Automotive Clear
- Prep Knowledge
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, communicates decisions to others.
- Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues
- Listens well, diffuses conflict before it starts, finds causes of and solutions to problems, handles difficult people.
- Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
- Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts
- Seeks out and accepts feedback, is a proactive learner, takes on tough assignments to improve skills, keeps knowledge and skills up-to-date, turns mistakes into learning opportunities.
- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Minimum of 2 years as Scenic Painter or apprentice
- Basic knowledge of painting (cutting in trim, rolling, stirring paint etc.)
- High School or equivalent
- Vocational or technical school training
Duties and responsibilities would be completed in our shop. Monday-Friday 6:00 am – 2:30 pm. All employees in the paint shop will be in contact with epoxies, urethanes, polyestors, and/or similar on a daily basis in an industrial setting.
While performing the duties of this job:
All apprentices should expect to do a considerable amount of lifting, carrying, kneeling, balancing, and even crawling. Thus a certain amount of strength and dexterity, and alertness is required. Must be prepared to work in various conditions, and knowledgeable of hazards and safety requirements.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.